Monday, September 29, 2008
Baked prawns aloha!
i've mentioned that i really love prawns, shrimps and anything alike...well, i made two kinds of prawn dish for lunch, the one i posted earlier was my mom's way while this one is the way i like my prawns to be...what can i say i love to spice it up with life...and my dish~~i made a different variation this time with the doenjang (korean soy bean paste) and gochujang ( korean red pepper paste) it adds a richer flavor...i named it baked prawns aloha because of the pineapple crushed that i used to sauteed the prawns...the pineapple flavor really gets into the prawns for a bit of sweeter taste!!! spicy and sweet just the way i like it!!!
300 gms. prawns
1 yellow onion, minced
1/2 clove garlic, minced
234 g pineapple crushed
2 tbsp. gochujang ( red pepper paste)
1 tsp. doenjang ( soy bean paste)
salt to taste
Preheat oven for 250 degrees.
1. Saute onions and garlic with olive oil and butter.
2. Add the prawns. Season with salt,turning each side until reddish in color.
3. Blend in the crushed pineapples. Cook over low fire for 5 minutes.
4. Add the gochujang and doenjang. Mix well. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Transfer to a baking dish and baked for 15-20 minutes. Depends on how large the prawns are.